Friday, March 2, 2012

Meagan

My name is Meagan Tweedy, I am 18 years old and live in Lancaster, California. I have lived here my entire life. I have an older brother, a younger sister, and a younger brother. My family is pretty awesome. My parents support all of us in any dream we come up with. 
I've attended two elementary schools, five middle schools, and two high schools. I was home schooled from tenth to twelfth grade and graduated last year. I enjoy writing, painting, reading, and watching countless hours of youtube. I am currently not attending school, and don't have a job except for the few photography jobs I get now and then for weddings or family portraits and what not. 
I had this crazy idea to start a project helping women see the beauty they all have. It's not too easy to look in the mirror every morning and say "wow, I'm awesome and gorgeous!" I started thinking about why I don't say that (or something a little less conceited) every morning. And I think I nailed it... When I was 15 I was diagnosed with clinical depression, social anxiety, and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I never really realized how much it affected my self image.
And then I started thinking, I bet every single woman out there has something that has happened in her life at some point that has made her look in the mirror every morning and say something like "I am not fun or good looking- every woman out there is better than me in some way." I started wondering if there are women out there who have similar struggles like mine, and what they do to get by day by day and not be embarrassed by the image they see in the mirror. And what are some other things that are hard for women, and make them feel less beautiful.
This video goes into more depth of my self image struggles.













2 comments:

geekbearinggifts said...

Meagan, I'm so proud of you for being courageous enough to share your struggles and reach out to others who are suffering. I have to tell you that I never would have guessed what you were going through, because, as a casual observer, you have always seemed so poised and happy to me.You and your family have been through many trials, and I want you to know that you are in my prayers. Love, Sister Johns

Kristi said...

I'm proud of you, too! Great idea for a blog. I look forward to watching it evolve, and I plan on sharing it with others.