Friday, March 9, 2012

Gwen

My name is Gwen Young. I am 55 years old, and live in Lancaster, California. When Meagan Tweedy was 14, I was privileged to be her youth leader in church. I am impressed with Meagan's blog, and very proud of her desire to make every woman feel beautiful.
I have worked for the federal government for nearly 29 years and am looking forward to retirement. I am single, and grew up in the Oceanside/Carlsbad, California area. I'm one of five children and have a sister and three brothers, and am a proud aunt of three nephews, and one adorable niece. My extended family is huge as I have 64 first cousins!
I, too, struggled with my self-image when I was growing up and still have issues though I can handle them much better now. Yes, with age, comes wisdom, and the ability to give yourself a break and understand what is really important.
I listened to a lecture the other day and have a new favorite quote that I'm still pondering. It went something like this: "when you were born, heredity, and genes determined what you looked like. By the time you reach age 50, your look is based on your choices- how well you took care of yourself."


No comments: