Friday, April 13, 2012

Kirsten

After reading the many posts that Meagan had done with The Be You Beauty Project, I knew that I wanted to be a part of this wonderful effort. I am Kirsten Everts. I have been married for almost 6 years and have 3 boys who are 5, 3, and a 1 year old. I am 25 years old.
I have always felt self-conscious of myself. I've never been good at math or science and never really excelled in school. I got good grades, but was just kind of average.
I'm short, curvy, and the way my eyes are, I look a little cross-eyed. I had boyfriends, friends, and family growing up who would tell me I was pretty but I never really believed it for myself, and I looked to others to build my own confidence. I've since learned that if you don't believe it about yourself, it doesn't matter what people say. You need to feel good and have confidence about yourself, and from that others will see that confidence.
I have low self-esteem about my body since having 3 boys via c-section, I still get cold sores on my lips- which is embarrassing- I can get depressed easily, I have highs and lows, and often think negatively.
I often let people walk all over me. These are all weaknesses I have. Along with the weaknesses my Heavenly Father has given me, he has also given my many strengths. I'm very artistic and creative, I am a peacemaker, great listener, good friend, and always see the good in others. It's when I focus on my strengths that I gain more confidence and that motivates me to become better at my weaknesses.
When I take the time to think about how my Heavenly Father views me, is when I gain more confidence naturally because I realize what is really important and that I am loved by Him, and He loves me for who I am.
We all try to fit into this mold the world has set for women, but each of us is different on our own and that's what makes us special. I'm certainly learning and growing everyday. I'm on this road with a long journey ahead of me to feel totally confident with myself and accept myself for who I am- weaknesses, deformities, and all- but we can all achieve it. It's something that can happen. We're all in this together. :)



{There is no video for this post}

1 comment:

Michelle Tweedy said...

I've known Kirsten more almost four years. I know her to be an amazing friends, a devoted mother, and a constant source of good cheer. In addition, she has the ability to see when something needs to be done, and she just gets in there and does it. And on top of all that she is a genuine role model for young women. I am proud to call her my friend. Oh yeah, she is also beautiful!