Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bad Days

Today was a bad day, I'm sorry to say. Usually, Sundays are the best. I get to go to church, wear a dress, hear great messages- and although all of those things happened, it was just not a good day.
I woke up with a sore neck, and I was still very tired. Then my hair looked dumb, then my outfit looked all wrong, then it was hot... I could name several other things but I'll save you from a rant.
So anyways, it seemed like anything anyone did was annoying and I couldn't do anything right either, and I wasn't much fun to be around. And I started to feel kinda ugly on the inside. I was being mean and having negative thoughts. I wasn't very fond of myself at all.
So why am I telling you about my awful day? Well, hopefully what I say next will help your next bad day. But it might just annoy you if you're in the midst of your bad day... haha.
I realized, while reading inspirational quotes on Pinterest (I know how cliche and ridiculous this sounds) that this is just one day that had some not so great circumstances, but it will end, and it will be Monday. I get to wake up again and try to make it not so crummy. I can pray for comfort and hope that it will get better, and that already makes me hopeful. I don't think I'm truly ugly on the inside, I was just acting ugly. And that can be changed. If we can recognize that we're not allowing ourselves to be happy, then we can change it. We can turn our day around.
I have been doing the one billion clicks thing (http://www.billionclicks.org/) and I haven't clicked today yet... I'm sure I've had a positive thought, but all my negative thoughts were much louder and beat up all my positive thoughts. It's interesting to me that even though our positive thoughts make us feel better, and happier, and do better things, our negative thoughts are so much easier to come by some days. While on Pinterest I found a quote that says: "beauty is the best possible version of yourself on the inside and out." I am trying to improve my inner beauty and days like this one have not made that easy. But, I'm gonna keep trying, and hoping for better days.
So, good luck with your bad days. And really, sometimes all we need is a diet caffeine free Coke, and a blog rant. haha. And a call from a friend always helps!
 Don't forget your beautiful on the inside, and out even on bad days!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

May today feel better than yesterday!

Michelle Tweedy said...

In doing the billion clicks project with you I have also discovered that sometimes the negative thoughts are so much louder. So annoying! I am glad to have you around to help me get back to the positive thoughts!

(user_name_blocked) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.