Monday, March 26, 2012

I found this song the other day, and I really like it. I know that I've felt that there's nobody out there in times of struggle. When I was 13 and moved to the opposite side of town, my clinical depression hadn't been diagnosed, and I didn't know what was really going on with me. I was having a really hard time dealing with everything, and I often wondered if I had anybody out there. And of coarse, my family was there for me but they didn't know what was going on, and at 13 I hadn't realized how important my family is, and how much they bless my life. I was struggling with suicidal thoughts, and the one thing that stopped me was the thought that my Heavenly Father would be disappointed in me if I gave up. My Heavenly Father has always been there, he has never given up on me. I know that if I have faith in his plan, I will succeed. Maybe not right away, but eventually.
So remember, when you are in that place when you think you're alone, and you're not sure why all these things are happening, there is always someone. Don't give up.
Don't judge others by their actions, you have no idea the struggles they are dealing with. All we can do for each other is give support and forgiveness. No one is perfect. Everyone has tough times.
And remember, you are beautiful. Even if you can't yet look in the mirror and see that on the outside, look inside of you. To your kind heart, to your sharp mind, and how absolutely unique you are. There is not another you. Don't hide who you really are from the world we'll be missing out on something wonderful.
-Meagan Tweedy

2 comments:

Michelle Tweedy said...

Fantastic song! I have often felt like this in my life. As a teenager with suicidal thoughts it was my mom that kept me safe. I did not want to hurt her. As an adult, as a wife and a mother, I have so many people counting on me to be there from them. It is not always an easy thing to do. Sometimes I just want someone to take care of me. And when I remember to ask for help, from my husband, or my family, or my Heavenly Father, that help is always there. Sometimes it is so hard to ask "is anybody out there?" Just ask... your deserve to feel loved and cared for.

Unknown said...

"So remember, when you are in that place when you think you're alone, and you're not sure why all these things are happening, there is always someone. Don't give up."

This is something that has always helped me out as well. It actually was for me while serving a mission... I felt like my family was going to fall apart entirely and I could do nothing about it, But The Lord helped me through the time and my family was fine afterwards as well.