Friday, March 23, 2012

Sarah

My name is Sarah Kily Mohun. I'm 17 years old and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
There was a recent tragedy in my family when my almost 14 year old sister, Chloe died from a brain hemorrhage last summer. I miss her terribly, but I remember how strong and confident she was and that gives me the strength to be more confident in myself.
I'm trying to be like her, which can be hard since I'm really not a very outgoing person, and I never used to think I was pretty at all. When I looked in the mirror I'd only see my flaws: my braces, my nose, my hair, blemishes, and worst of all, my embarrassingly disproportionate chest.
My sisters example and this blog really are a help to me because I can see I'm not the only one with insecurities and self-esteem issues, and it's filled with people I can relate to.
Thank you so much for this blog Meagan, and to everyone else on here. Stay strong, and feel beautiful.


No comments: